logo Ministry of Foreign Affairs
People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad

Civil status

Birth Registration

  • Copy of the Consular card, (if not registered, passport of the Algerian parents)
  • Original full birth certificate of the new-born.
  • Family book (Livret de famille) or a copy of marriage certificate.

Marriage Registration

Any Algerian national living abroad may have his/her marriage registered at the Algerian Embassy. A Family Book is issued after registration. To that end, applicants must provide the following supporting documents:

  • Copy of the Consular card
  • Original of marriage certificate.
  • Original birth certificate (less than three months old) of applicants.
  • Copy of the birth certificate of spouse if non Algerian National.

Report of Death

In case of death of an Algerian national, the embassy must, without delay, be contacted in order to inform the family and provide assistance and advice, if necessary. The family of deceased must also seek the services of a funeral home in order to gather the appropriate following documents ;

  • Proof of citizenship of the deceased.
  • Medical Certificate “non contagious disease”.
  • Original death certificate.
  • Embalming Certificate issued by the funeral services.
  • Transit permit issued by City Hall.
All rights reserved - Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abraod - 2022